Andrea Steidl, 2019
Suiseki is a collection of padded seats inspired – as its name suggests – by the Japanese art of arranging naturally occurring stones. Spontaneous, harmonious lack of alignment takes the place of geometric shapes in the simple modular units with organic volumes. Everything starts with three core building blocks: a low, broad seat, a backrest and an armrest. They can be combined with each other in an offset display of heights, widths and depths. The resulting sofas are sculpturesque and suitable for all types of use, in everything from the contract market to private homes.
- Reinforced frame for public area use
- Flame-retardant polyurethane foam
- Undeformable polyurethane foam of different densities
- Reinforced stitching with carbon fiber support
- This item can be customized
- On request covers can be removable in fabric version